St Elizabeth Fund - Donor information
Times are very challenging financially for many people at present, as we all know. In response, St Philip’s and St James’ Church, Alderley Edge, has recently set up the St Elizabeth Fund. This supports local people finding themselves in urgent financial need. The Fund allows small, one-off grants to be made to individuals or charitable organisations where appropriate. In the same spirit of helping our neighbour, the Fund will also make a monthly donation, in the region of a quarter of the Fund's notional monthly income, to Christian Aid. Christian Aid acts to tackle poverty, social injustice, and its causes worldwide.
We know there are many calls on your finances, but we are urgently seeking your support, if possible, to help people currently in great difficulty.
A grant will support individuals unable to meet their outgoings in emergency situations or for any reason beyond their control. It can cover the cost of repairing or replacing essential everyday household items, such as a broken-down washing machine, cooker or refrigerator. Grants can be made to fund other necessities, such as bedding, children’s clothing, or purchasing medical aids. Of course, needs vary but the Fund’s overall aim is to relieve poverty and distress, on our doorstep.
Some important things to know are:
- Applicants should be resident in the parish of Alderley Edge or have a local connection, such as work, school or former residence although there may be other forms of connection.
- The maximum single grant is £300 but may be less.
- No more than three applications from the same person or family can be made in a calendar year.
- Details of all applicants are completely confidential.
- Grant decisions are at the discretion of the Fund’s administrators who follow its protocols.
- If money remains in the Fund for extended periods, the administrators may make a grant from time to time to a local charity with similar aims.
- The Fund’s administrators are our vicar Robin Pye, our pastoral worker, Sue Mills and an external administrator, the minister of the Alderley Edge Methodist church.
Could you help us support our deserving neighbours in this way? We are looking for regular donations of £5 per month or more. Alternatively, if you would prefer to make a single annual donation of £60 or more this would also be extremely appreciated.
Payments can be made by standing order, bank transfer or by cheque if preferred.
The St. Elizabeth Fund bank account details are:
- Barclays Bank Sort code: – 20-53-77, Acc no 33999939
- Name of account holder – The Parochial Church Council of St Philip & St James Alderley Edge
- Please use ref: St. Elizabeth Fund
If you are a taxpayer, it would be even more helpful if you are able to Gift Aid your donation. Please email Michael Scaife at email@example.com for a Gift Aid form.
If you would like any more information about donating to the fund, please contact Rev Robin Pye on 07794 122602 (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sue Mills on 07771 678913 (email email@example.com.)
Thank you very much indeed for your support and interest.